Are you ready to celebrate?
We are fast approaching the end of The Bar year and our annual events as a Section. This year we have plenty of reasons to celebrate and some unique opportunities to do so. Next month, I’ll provide a recap of all the accomplishments of the Section over the past year. In the meantime, I want to personally invite you to join us at the annual meeting events to network with your colleagues, hear about all the great work that’s being done by the Section, and connect with the Section.
This year, if you can join us for both Wednesday and Thursday we’ll keep you busy and entertained! Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Celebrating 25 Years. This is the Section’s 25thyear, and we are ready to celebrate!
- We’ll have our Chair’s Receptionon Wednesday, June 13, from 7 to 9 p.m. Join us for some refreshments and heavy hors d’oeuvres, good company, and a great playlist.
- Our 25thAnniversary Dinner kicks off with a cocktail hour followed by dinner on Thursday, June 14, from 6 to 9 p.m. We’ll have the Hon. Edwin A. Scales, III, as Master of Ceremonies; we’ll hear about the Section’s past, present, and future; and we’ll hear remarks from Florida Supreme Court Justice, the Hon. C. Alan Lawson. The restaurant is on property at Deep Blu. And don’t forget to save room for . . .
- The annual Dessert Reception! This year, you’ll enjoy An Evening in Paris on Thursday, June 14 from 9 to 11 p.m. Come stroll the streets of Paris and enjoy a collection of elegant French patisseries and a signature drink. We’ll have a special presentation honoring our retiring Florida Supreme Court Justices and we’ll announce our annual awards.
- Keep Up the Good Work. Are you active in the Section or would you like to be? The best place to connect and find your place is at our in-person meetings. We’ll have:
- Committee meetings on Thursday, June 14, from8:30 to 10 a.m. Catch up with fellow committee members or come to your first set of committee meetings and we’ll get you plugged in.
- Executive Council meeting on Thursday, June 14,from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.Council meetings are open to all members.There’s plenty of room at the table! You’ll hear a full recap or what’s happening in and around the Section.
- Judge or Observe Moot Court. The final rounds of the Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition are held at the Annual Convention. Section members are often invited to judge rounds on Wednesday, June 13, with judges from around the state, and to observe the final rounds before the Florida Supreme Court on Thursday, June 14from 2 to 5 p.m.
Special thanks to Carrie Ann Wozniak and Diane DeWolf of our Programs Committee for putting together these special events.
Ready for the details and to register?
– Click here to check out the 2018 Annual Meeting Section of our website
– Click here to register online for the 25th Anniversary Dinner
– Click here if you’d like to highlight your firm or organization as a Sponsor of these great events!
You can personally email me at email@example.com with any questions about the Section events or getting involved or our administrator, Cheri Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions about registering for or even sponsoring these events.
Thank you to all of our members who make this Section successful and to our members who have rolled up their sleeves to make all of this possible.
Kristin A. Norse